Cost-effective grated cheese solutions in foodservice.
Our Price-fighting Super Six Savers Grated Cheddar Range is just one of the ways you could cut costs.
As food costs continue to rise, finding cost-effective cheese solutions in foodservice is crucial. Swapping to a lower-priced grated cheese blend, such as the new Spinneyfields Super Six Savers range, can be a practical way to manage costs without compromising on quality.
Here are some tips and hints you could consider to manage costs:
Adjust portion sizes and usage: Monitor and control the amount of cheese used in each dish to avoid wastage. Train your kitchen staff to use cheese judiciously and consider adjusting portion sizes to manage costs. Grated cheese blends can provide consistent portion sizes, which helps with portion control and cost management. With pre-measured portions, foodservice establishments can ensure that they are using the right amount of cheese for each dish, minimising waste and maximising cost efficiency.
Or try switching to the new Spinneyfields Super Six Savers price-fighter blends, to replace cheese at the same addition levels whilst greatly reducing costs!
Consider using cheese as a garnish or topping rather than a main ingredient, to stretch its usage. The Spinneyfields Super Six Saver mature and mild blends work in a whole range of applications as a topping in the professional kitchen, without breaking the bank.
Educate your staff and customers: talk to your kitchen staff about cost-saving measures when it comes to cheese usage; such as managing the inventory to reduce food waste and spoilage or freezing grated cheese leftovers can be a practical solution to reduce waste in a foodservice setting.
- Packaging: When freezing grated cheese, it’s important to package it properly to prevent freezer burn and maintain quality, so use airtight containers or resealable freezer bags to protect the cheese from freezer burn.
- Labelling: Clearly label the containers or bags with the type of cheese, date of freezing, and portion size to keep track of inventory and ensure proper rotation to minimise food waste.
- Storage Duration: Grated cheese can typically be stored in the freezer for several months, but it’s best to check the specific type of cheese for recommended storage duration. Some cheeses may have different freezing characteristics and shelf life.
- Thawing: Thaw frozen grated cheese in the refrigerator overnight or use a defrost function in the microwave, if available, to thaw it gradually. Avoid thawing grated cheese at room temperature to minimize the risk of bacterial growth.
- Usage: Once thawed, the cheese is best used in dishes that require melting or cooking, such as pasta dishes, pizzas, and sauces.
Menu Innovation: Using a grated cheese blend can also provide an opportunity for menu innovation. By experimenting with different types of cheeses and blends, foodservice establishments can create new and unique dishes that can attract customers and differentiate their offerings in a competitive market. But remember to educate your customers about any changes you may make to your menu in terms of cheese usage, to manage their expectations and ensure their satisfaction.
However, price-fighter blends such as the Spinneyfields Super Six Savers range allow you to directly replace the more expensive cheese components 1:1, so the customer should be unaware of changes and you are saving signifcantly on cheese ingredients costs.
The Spinneyfields Super Six Savers range consists of four mild and mature blends to replace cheddar and two pizza blends to replace mozzarella and mozzarella / cheddar blends.
The six fabulous grated blends, specially selected to deliver great taste at a really cost-effective price, are;
- 499385 Grated Pizza Mix 50/50
- 489437 Grated Pizza Mix 70/30
- 499211 Grated White Mild 50/50 (Blend)
- 499885 Grated White Mild 80/20 (Blend)
- 489405 Grated Coloured Mild (Blend)
- 489411 Grated White Mature (Blend)
Find out more
For more information or to request a sample, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your account manager.
From the Blog
Pizza is as popular as ever and 2024 promises to be an exciting year of new pizza trends. Here we look at what’s hot for pizza in 2024.
Here’s a quick guide to the grading process as carried out by the company’s leading cheese experts, the cheese graders!
The Super Six Savers range of grated blends from Spinneyfields can help cut costs without compromising on quality cheeses for the catering industry.
Stay in the Know!
Simply submit your email address and we’ll let you know when we’ve posted new insights into important developments and new trends that will impact the world of foodservice.